Monday, February 15, 2010

Xanadu

Our roller skating adventures continued today when we hit the roller rink for President's Day! My kids have been looking forward to this for a couple of weeks, and, I have to admit it, I was kinda looking forward to it myself.


I was flooded with memories the moment we stepped inside the rink. I mean, seriously, they have the same carpet and decorations that they had way back when (come to think of it...it probably is the SAME carpet). All of us had to rent skates except for Tootie, I mean Ellie Grace. She brought her own cool light up skates. That girl skated so hard and so long that she eventually lost her stopper. It just fell off!

Abby had a little more difficult time. That girl probably fell down no less than 50 times. I probably need to give her Tylenol at bedtime tonight.


Hannah brought her friend Grace with her and they seemed to have a great time. Hannah ended up trading her skates in for roller blades.

All three of my kids were literally taken aback when they realized I could skate. Hannah kept saying, "you're good!" Why are my kids always so surprised when I can do something?? I know I am their Mom, but I did have a life way back when.

The day was complete with races, but no Hokey Pokey. I was looking forward to that! If only Big D had gone with us. I could have finally gotten that couple's skate that I never got as a child.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

No Hokey Pokey? You were robbed! That is the highlight of going skating!

Kim Malone said...

Did they play the dice game???