Monday, August 5, 2013

Music Row

I haven't blogged in an awfully long time.  I was really good at blogging when we were living in Sugar Land.  It was a good way for me to keep my family and Tulsa friends connected.  It seemed kinda pointless when we moved back.  But, every now and again, something so special happens that I want to preserve it forever. This weekend was one of those weekends.

Without going into too much detail, my girls are being considered by an Artist Development Manager in Nashville.  (I think that's the correct term.  There are so many different people needed in this industry I am still having a hard time keeping it all straight!) 

I have shared this story before, but just for a refresher here is how the girls got started.  Abby simply asked me to take her to Nashville so she could sing for people on Music Row like Taylor Swift did so she could get famous.  Well, 14 months later that dream is beginning to come true. 

The girls were blessed enough to have an audience this weekend with a very well respected manager.  It was a surreal experience for me to watch them singing for a notable individual on Music Row!  I was really trying to soak up the whole experience.  As I was sitting there, I was remembering reading Naomi Judd's biography years ago.  She goes into detail about what it was like for them playing for these music executives.  I just couldn't believe the girls were lucky enough to be having a similar experience.  If they don't go any further than this, they have nothing to hang their heads about. Daniel told me it was a little awkward that I took a picture, but geez, how many times do your kids end up on Music Row? haha!
The girls are in music bootcamp the next month!  We are just praying God's will and perfect timing.  Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Fran Carona said...

Such a great experience for them. Excited to see what God has for their future!