Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Flies, and Frogs, and Locusts OH MY!

This is one of those cute stories that I'm sharing with you that's really more for me. I don't want to forget it.

Daniel has started a little contest in our house to encourage the girls to have their quiet times each day. Sunday was the first day and Ellie Grace wanted to read about Baby Moses being hid in the basket. She had that story that very morning in Sunday School and she thought that would be a good place to start. I couldn't agree more.

On Monday night at dinner she told us ALL about what she read. EVERY. LAST. DETAIL. It was actually quite impressive, but took a good 20 minutes. So, after dinner she decides she's going to continue reading on in Exodus since the first night went so well.

After about 15 minutes she came downstairs crying and tossed her fuzzy purple Bible onto the coffee table. She said through her tears, "I don't understand anything that's going on. There's flies and frogs and I have no idea what He's doing." Bless her heart! That precious little 7 year old girl was reading about the Plagues in Exodus. She sat down with me and we read through every single plague and capped it off with the Passover.

Now at camp when she sings, Pharoah Pharoah, Whoa, Let my people go, she will have a whole new understanding for it! How lovely are the feet of those who bring good news!!!! Even little feet!!!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Sometimes I have no idea what HE is doing either!

What a sweet story.