
Saturday morning I loaded her in one of two church vans headed for Tennessee. I have to tell you what an unnerving feeling this is. I don't have a problem with her being away from home. She has been going to summer camp since 1st grade. This is the first time I have put her in a vehicle and sent her across the country. At camp, I take her, get her bunk all set up and know exactly where she is. Needless to say, I spent a lot of time in prayer on Saturday!
Luckily, the kids were allowed to have their phones and electronics for the car ride. I heard from Hannah Sunday morning. Due to traffic and construction they did not arrive in Nashville, their first destination, until after midnight only to find out the hotel had given away their rooms. They finally settled into another hotel across town at 1:45 a.m. I'm equally thankful that I was not the adult driving that van as I am grateful that they arrived safely.
Today is the first day on the job site. I'm told they are working on houses: light repairs, painting, yard work, etc. I can't wait to hear all about this trip from Hannah's perspective. These types of mission trips weren't made available to me when i was growing up.
Hannah told me this wasn't a "real mission trip" because they were only working on houses and not walking around telling people about Jesus. I didn't argue this point with her, but I am excited for her to connect the dots this week. Those kids and workers are the face of Jesus this week giving their time and resources to help others. And, I suspect, some Jesus conversations will take place.




1 comment:
Praying that this week will be a spiritual milestone for her.
Post a Comment