1. The beauty- Sugar Land is absolutely beautiful. The zoning helps the aesthetics so much, but the green lush landscaping is wonderful to drive through on your way home.
2. The weather- Yes, it is VERY hot right now. But, I love it from October thru April. I love that you can eat lunch outside in December. It's great.
3. Fort Bend Fit- My running group. It took me a year to discover it, but I am so glad I have!
4. Our friends- I'm so blessed with the friendships I have made. Daniel and I have commented that our friendships are deeper here because we don't have family. When you have a car wreck and your hubby almost dies, you depend on friends!!! Love 'em!
5. Our country club- It's in our neighborhood. It's for the whole family. It's a gym, tennis and social club all rolled into one and we have helped keep them in business for the last year!
6. Our church- Again, I never thought I could find a replacement church, but we absolutely love Sugar Creek Baptist Church. Do you know we never even visited another church? We walked into Sugar Creek on our first Sunday here and they made us feel so welcome we never went anywhere else. This year, I am teaching Sunday School to fifth grade girls and Daniel is involved in missions!
7. Walking to school- We live super close to the school and Big D and I walk the girls each morning. It's great family time!!
8. Access to a big city- Sugar Land is small, but Houston is a hop skip and a jump. It's a 20 minute drive to get into the heart of Houston and I love that it as at our fingertips. Big cities can offer so much more! (shopping, restaurants, museums, etc.)
9. Time in car- When we set out to move everyone warned me how much time I would spend in traffic. I can't lie to you...I am hardly in my car. In fact, I was in my car more in Tulsa than I am now. It's great!! I am out here in Sugar Land in a little bubble and everything is in arm's reach.
10. Daniel's office- In two weeks Daniel's office will pack up and move to Sugar Land. Right now he has a 25 minute commute and soon it will be about 10 minutes. We can't wait. it will improve our quality of life so much!




4 comments:
I'm so happy for you guys!!! Sugar Land sounds fabulous!
Wow.
I have to say that it can take YEARS to adjust to a new school, new church, etc.
It nearly moves me to tears to know how greatly God has blessed your family in your move.
You all stepped out in faith and HE is faithful.
Ditto to what Annie said...
WOW! God has undoubtedly showered you all with so many blessings.
It makes my heart happy for you. :)
Oh what a blessing your new home and community has been!!! I am so happy for your that your one year anniversary has so many positives to celebrate!!! Hooray! May happiness be yours in the coming months and years in your new community! Enjoy! :-)
Post a Comment