Last weekend we broke away for a short trip to Austin. Daniel's brother and his wife (David and Amy) were traveling to Austin for Labor Day weekend and to watch a UT football game so we drove over to meet up with them on Friday night.
We are really trying to embrace our time as Texans and experience all that Texas has to offer. Hannah studied Texas history last year in school so we planned a trip to see the Capitol.
I interrupt this post to tell you a story from my childhood. On the way to Destin one summer when I was a teenager, my Mom wanted to stop at Bellingrath Gardens in Alabama. Needless to say, Allison and I thought this was a bad idea. And, I'm pretty sure Dad wasn't too thrilled either. But, Mom won and we stopped. To let her know how displeased we were with her choice we complained the entire time. I don't think she enjoyed one minute of that visit and to this day it is a standing joke in our family.
Well, I have come full circle. Visiting the capitol with my 3 kids and their 3 cousins brought back terrible memories of Bellingrath Gardens! They did not seem one bit interested in all this culture I was trying to give them. All I could do was call Mom to apologize for Bellingrath Gardens!
We enjoyed yummy Mexican food and margaritas while celebrating David's 40th birthday. The next day we hit the outlet malls before heading home to watch the OU vs. BYU game....maybe we should have watched UT instead!!!




2 comments:
I love the family picture of you in front of The Capitol! It makes me want to take the kids to Austin just so I can get one of my own!
looks like TX is getting into your blood! Cute pic of the cousins.
Post a Comment