Yesterday was the Houston Marathon and Half-Marathon. Remember when I joined Fort Bend Fit? Six months of hard work came to fruition yesterday. For me, it wasn't so much about the race itself, but the journey. After we moved here, I was so down that I let running go by the wayside. I didn't have any friends here who run and wasn't motivated to go run by myself.
I pulled myself up by my running shoe laces and joined Fort Bend Fit. It gave me a great group of people to get out and run with on Saturday mornings. I did my weekday running by myself, but I now had a running group for my long runs. So, for me, I feel like I am back. I am so happy to be enjoying running again and that was the victory!
However, race day was well worth it. After dragging my family out of bed at 5:00 on Sunday morning and heading downtown, it was race time. Daniel and the girls were such troopers and never complained. The race was so well organized and the spectators were fabulous! There was never a dull moment. People were cheering along the whole course with lots of music along the way!
I was happy with my time. Although slower than I used to be, I was still under my personal goal so I was pleased. I wish I had pictures to show you, but I don't have any! The girls even made posters and Daniel was so busy dealing with them that he forgot. We were all so exhausted after the race that we didn't mess with it. You'll just have to take my word for it!




2 comments:
congrats!! quite an accomplishment.
Congrats! Will you run again next year?
Post a Comment