Sunday, January 3, 2010

White Christmas

Whew! What a whirlwind two weeks we have had! Trying to pack a family of 5 for a two week trip, a ski vacation, having all Christmas presents bought and wrapped, AND leaving the house in show-condition is alot on a girl!
The Saturday after school got out we headed to Tulsa to start our Christmas vacation. I am so looking forward to living in Tulsa next Christmas. I felt like I lost a week of the holidays. I just ran out of time to do things that I wanted to do with the kids...there's always next year!

We had a great visit with both sides of our families. On Christmas Eve a blizzard blew in. I think that might be the first time I have been in a blizzard. We were with Daniel's family in Bixby on Christmas Eve when the storm really started getting bad. We had to rush through the present opening so we could get home. We passed 7 stalled cars on the 3 mile drive home. It was crazy. I am just so glad we made it home in one piece and in our car!
It was wonderful to wake up to a white Christmas the next morning. It has been a long time since that has happened! The kids had fun playing out in the snow, but they didn't get to play with any of their outside toys, which was a bummer!

No comments: