Saturday, January 30, 2010

Words

Today I was so profoundly hurt by someone's words. Words that came out of someone's mouth and then they got to walk away and not think about them for the rest of the day. These words cut deep into my chest and have been stinging all day. How is it that one critical word can undo what 10 positive words can do?

It has had me thinking all day. How many times do I hurt people with my words and I am unaware of it? Why do I feel I need the approval of others? Or, probably more true, why do I let the unapproval of others carry so much weight?

Lord, help guard my tongue and let me only serve to build others up. Please help me to look only to YOU for approval and not seek the approval of others.

2 comments:

momof4kr said...

Amen!

Had a similar experience over Christmas...it was devastating.

Leslie said...

You know I can relate. I'll go beat them up for you! Nobody messes with my SW!