Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Dining Marathon

My parents came in town this weekend. We had such a great time, but all we did was eat! No wonder I can't lose weight!!! Friday night, my Aunt had us over. She promised she would keep it simple, but she managed to work all day and come home and throw together a wonderful meal of prime rib, homemade mac and cheese, salad, and asparagus. It was delicious.

Saturday morning we went out for a great breakfast and then headed out to The Nutcracker Market. Now, for those of you who live in Tulsa, this is like the Holiday Mart times 1000! It is HUGE!!! And that's an understatement. We got there about 10:15. The doors opened at 10:00. The line to get tickets was at least a quarter mile long. Crazy! It was so packed when we got inside that you could hardly shop. Now, some women love this kind of crazy, deal finding, fight with stranger shopping, but not me. In fact, I can't stand it! We lasted about 2 hours before heading out to much less stressful shopping.

Saturday night I had invited my good friend Leslie to go have drinks with us before dinner. Her hubby was out of town so she came solo. My Mom wanted to meet the gal that saved me from my loneliness here. I guess they passed the test because we were able to convince Leslie to go to dinner with us. As luck would have it, it was her birthday so I'm glad she had a night out.

We went to a great Italian Restaurant called Amici's in Town Square here in Sugar Land. It was absolutely delicious. My Mom was quite smitten with the Maitre'd, Bruno, pictured next to Fran. I was quite smitten with the food!!
This morning they went to church with us and then we went out for a HUGE brunch at the club. Seriously, all we did was eat! It was a great weekend and I am thrilled they came!

No comments: