Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Yee-Haw

Last year when the rodeo was here we just did the expo building stuff. I thought that would be plenty for the kids, but EG felt cheated. She wanted to "see some real cowboys"! She talked about it All. Year. Long. Why didn't her parents take her to the "real rodeo"?

This year we did the rodeo up big. I pulled the girls out of school a bit early and Big D. took off from work. We even had cute rodeo shirts:

We ate turkey legs:




We rode rides:

And.....(drumroll please) we saw the "real rodeo".

My kids favorite events were the Calf Scramble and Mutton Bustin'. Although, Barrel Racing came in a close 3rd (mainly because it had "girl cowboys")

My favorite quote of the night was hands down this: me to EG, "Maybe when you grow up you will marry a cowboy and live on a ranch and Daddy and I can come visit you." to which EG responds, "Ugh. Who would want to live in West Texas?" Now how did she know there was a lot of ranch land there and even more importantly, how did she know it wasn't that desirable a location??? Too funny!!!

3 comments:

Kim Malone said...

She does make a good point. Who does want to live in West Texas?!? :) I almost moved out there in 1997 and then decided it was not a place I wanted to live.

@nnie said...

we go to a rodeo every summer in TX and the kids get to participate in the Mutton Bustin. weird they like that stuff so much. glad you made a day of it... fun pics and fun Texas time before you say bye bye!

Melanie said...

This is really funny..."ugh, West Texas."
I have family in Texas...pretty funny.