Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Blind Date

I feel like I am dating. Only, I'm not looking for a boyfriend, I'm looking for girlfriends...and lots of 'em. Seriously, I work up the nerve to call someone, get their voicemail and then wonder if they will call back. Honestly, it's like waiting for a boy to call.

A mutal friend "hooked me up" with 2 ladies that live here in Sugar Land. She "hooked" them up 3 years ago and now we were all getting together. We met for lunch. Oh, and big news, when I walked in the door, I saw another friend that I have made here. God is so good! He knows how much I need friends and is providing abundantly. I miss my friends from Tulsa terribly, but I am so thankful to have lunch plans and dinner dates. Valerie and Barbara are dolls. They are each married to pastors. (from different churches) They both have great stories to share and I had a great time. I am looking forward to beautiful friendships with each.

Thanks, Jan for the hook up!

No comments: