Monday, September 15, 2008

Evacuees

Yes, that's what we are--hurricane evacuees. You know, I had been begging God to bring me back to Tulsa, but this wasn't quite what I had in mind. :) Nonetheless, we had a great day today. Daniel was productive in the Tulsa office. He honestly wouldn't have gotten one thing accomplished in Houston. His office was closed due to no water, cell service was rare and no power at our house. The kids had a great time visiting old friends. I was driving them all around, just like old times. Hannah and Abby are spending the night out and Ellie Grace was so tired she passed out here. Daniel and I stopped by to see some great friends tonight. Linda (remember, my BFF that is 20 years my senior) ran errands with me today.

We still have no power at home, no school through at least Wednesday so we are in our new favorite vacation spot.

Oh, and this is the funniest story. We put our dogs in our backyard of our Tulsa house that we still own. Somone showed the house today and she called me frantic and said "Amanda, you have 2 very big dogs in this yard"!!!! I laughed hard. I guess I should have warned people we were back and so were the dogs!!!!

No comments: