Monday, March 30, 2009

Book Update

Just wanted to give a quick update on our book status over at Lazy Moms. We put together a book proposal a couple of weeks ago, which felt really grown-up by the way, and sent it over to our agent. Last week he was in New York pitching several different projects to publishers. The publisher either says, "Yes, I'm interested in that," or "I don't think that's for us". We got SEVERAL yeses. Super exciting.

The next step for us is to provide a more detailed writing sample for the interested publishers. Tonight, Lazy Mom Leslie came over and we worked on that. It's amazing how funny we become with just one glass of wine!!!

So, once again we find ourselves in the position of "hurry up and wait". We hurry and then we wait.

We are enjoying every step of this process so far and it's fun to be able to use our brains for things other than 4th grade math! I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Kim Vanderbeek Malone said...

That's great, Amanda! Congrats!

Melanie Rossi said...

Yeah! Very exciting. Good luck!

Bertie said...

Good for you guys!! That is awesome! Can't wait for it to hit stores:)

Funny in My Mind said...

To the scarf comment, if you only knew how many people at work asked if I was cold when I wore it all day. Fashion victims.....Thanks for stopping by!