Friday, March 20, 2009

The Children's Museum

On Thursday we debated on whether or not we should go to the Houston Children's Museum. We were so tired and thought a day of doing nothing would be great. But, we decided that we would regret not going so we picked ourselves up and headed to the museum district. The museum recently added on, doubling in size, and it just opened the new wing on Saturday. The line was CRAZY long, but luckily it moved fast. We entered through the original exhibits and did all of that, which is great, but we had done it before. Here the girls are in the music room.

Here they are pulling themselves up on a suspended chair:


We stepped outside to an awesome water play area, which I'm not sure how new it was, but it wasn't there years ago when I went. It was beautiful outside and the kids loved getting wet. We helped them restrained themselves from getting completely soaked, but they had fun.

We then went to the new wing. Holy cow!!! It was amazing. It was set up like a city and there was a bank, TV station, diner, vet, art school, grocery store and more. There was a huge jungle gym and rock wall. The kids receive ATM cards when they enter and they track their progress through the city by using working ATM machines. It was so cool and I know I'm not doing it justice!

Here the kids are giving the weather report. Hannah on the right, and my nephew Luke on the left.
Here is Abby giving some news and as I try to snap her picture I get my handbag in the shot...whoops!
Here is a cool shot of the diner. They had a kitchen with play food where the kids could prepare food, tables with menus where we could sit and order...just so fun.

Obviously, we thought we made a great decision by going. I highly recommend it and can't wait to go back!

2 comments:

Lazy Mom Leslie said...

I love EGs picture smile in the first pic!

@nnie said...

I am jealous of this. Read my latest blog post.