Friday, March 27, 2009

Hoedown

One of the fun things about living in the great state of Texas is that they are really proud about their heritage and they doing a great job of passing it on to the kids. Thursday was the 1st and 2nd grade hoedown. The kids came decked in their western wear. I had to beg Abby to wear these boots. She said they were a little big and uncomfortable, but doesn't she look good? She'll soon learn that girls will wear anything on their feet if looks good!

Here she is square dancing with her partner, James. She looks like she is concentrating very hard. I don't think I ever saw her smile.











Now the partner dances are over and she runs off to her friend Emma. They are way across Wait, she has a HUGE smile on her face. I guess she wasn't concentrating after all. She just didn't like that yucky boy/girl dancing.


It was really cute and we could tell the kids worked really hard. Yee Haw!

No comments: