I have never cooked as much as I have the last 2 weeks being snowed in. I have been in the kitchen constantly. Honestly I have been running the dishwasher twice a day. It's insane. And we have had kids in and out for 2 weeks, which I love, but the second I pull out a pan of brownies from the oven they disappear. So, I thought I would share some of what I have been cooking. If you want any of my recipes, just let me know.

My favorite meal was the chicken spaghetti. Yes, I know, Pioneer Woman has a recipe for this. But, I gotta tell you. My recipe beats hers hands down anytime. I will warn you that you can feed a small army with this recipe. It just so happened I had 8 kids at my house that day so it worked great. If not, you could always freeze half and pull it out later.
One night we had a shoulder roast, cooked in the crockpot on low all day with frozen green beans and baby carrots. I also made the new potatoes with olive oil and Lipton Onion Soup Mix. Those are a favorite of my kids.
Ok, if my personal trainer is reading this post she should stop now.
Seriously. It's not going to get better.
A favorite at my house is pork butt. Yes, disgusting name, but oh so juicy and yummy. My sister-in-law gave me a great recipe for a rub to put on it. I usually smoke this, but recently started cooking in the crockpot. Fabulous! Just don't forget the crockpot liners! I serve this with another recipe from Amy, corn casserole. This is different than anything you have probably had. It's made with Mahatma Saffron Rice. Oh how my kids beg for this!
We also had some of the old standby favorites: taco soup, chicken nacho cheese soup, spaghetti and meat sauce. And, last night we went out with a bang. I baked a turkey. Just like Thanksgiving.

I'm done! Put a fork in me. We are eating leftovers the next couple of days cuz this Mama needs a break...and some healthier recipes!




5 comments:
I would really like your corn casserole recipe with rice and your spag chicken recipe to see how it differs from mine. I love how easy and tasty spag chicken is.
And...the pork butt in the crockpot, too, please!
Just post them all. You know everyone is going to want them. Who doesn't want a tasty and east recipe?
Ok, chicken spaghetti is posted. The others are coming!
You sound like I did during the snow, it is eerily quiet without the dishwasher hum and the kids at school. But I think your chicken nacho soup sounds wonderful, I am going to see if you have posted it, if not will you please?
Buffy, yes, I will post it, but first I have to shower!
Post a Comment