
After years of living in her big sister's shadow, Abby has finally found her niche. She auditioned for the talent show this year singing "Back To December". Here is the link to watch her performance on You Tube.
She did so great. After a dress rehearsal and 2 performances, she started loving that stage! As luck would have it, our music minister and friend, Jon Ward, coincidentally asked her to sing with him this week at church. She was beyond thrilled. He sang Casting Crown's "Slow Fade" and she had the child's solo at the end.
Her Juju and Paki took her shopping for the occasion. They dressed her from her headband all the way down to her shoes. I told her she should ask to sing more so she could get more clothes. She said they made it clear this was special because it was her first time. Shucks!
Click here to see Abby. She's at the end, but don't skip ahead because Jon is great.
She got to sing in both worship services and really did great. She's got the bug now. She asked me this afternoon if she could start singing in coffee shops and hotels. Um, I think we will stick with church and school for awhile!




3 comments:
She was very good and didn't seem nervous at all. Maybe a little star someday. I liked the outfit put didn't see Paki or JuJu.
Thanks, Linda B. Juju and Paki actually go to the first serve and then Sunday School second.
Amanda, Thanks for passing along my speaking info to your pastor's wife. I would love to come to OK.
Send me your address and I will send you a DVD of when I spoke to my church in November on "A Faith that Endures."
Post a Comment