Well, we made it back in one piece with a ridiculously packed car. It was pouring down rain and that is an understatement. Daniel was admiring all the other cargo racks and luggage rack gear of the other drivers. Guess I'm not the only one getting old. We got the kids unpacked and they wanted to go straight to Walmart to spend their gift cards they received for Christmas. Afterwards, our eating binge continued and we drove thru Arbys. Our order took so long that they made us "pull ahead and wait". Daniel decided it would be better to go in and wait for the order so he could double check it. While he was in there, he did a little bonding with the Arbys workers. He told them a little story which made me think I really needed to share with all of my loyal readers (all 3 of you!). He will probably kill me, but it will be worth it.
When Daniel was 16 he got a job at the Arbys around the corner from his house. Once, an elderly gentleman ordered a coffee, and Daniel, being the dedicated employee he was, filled this man's coffee cup with au jus!!! The man took one sip and reported, "this is very unusual, but delicious coffee". I don't think Daniel worked there much longer.




2 comments:
loyal reader here...
I would be thrilled to receive a cup of au jus, I could drink it by the cupful... much better than coffee. So tell Daniel that while I think it's a very funny story, it's not such a bad mistake!!!
That's why you don't let Daniel in the kitchen right? After I read the first sentence about luggage racks my first thought was.....Daniel's getting old too! Then you covered that for me in the second sentence. ha!
Post a Comment