Well, we have logged more miles in the last 4 months than I think we have in all our 12 years of marriage. I cannot put into words how much work it was doing laundry, packing, loading, getting the shopping finished, etc. in order to get out of town. We left after church on Sunday and headed to Rockwall, TX to see my Grandmother. She is 87 years old and I've started wondering when I see her if this might be the last time. So, as much of a hassle as it was to completely unload the car (gifts, luggage and all), we stayed with Mimi Sunday night. I think she enjoyed having us invade her little apartment and I am thankful to have spent time with her, as well, as my kids being able to spend time with her.
We re-loaded the car early this morning and headed for Tulsa. It is so cold here that it is shocking. I think the high today is 25. yikes!!! I am not used to this. Cold for me now is the upper 40s. Anyway, we are here, unloaded once again, and YES it is all worth it.
In fact, having to get everything finished for Christmas so early allows me time to just enjoy being with family and time to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas. God GAVE us His Son. I can't even imagine. I love all of my friends and family, but could never GIVE one of my daughters up for them. I am innately a sinner. I try to be good, but I fall WAY short. I am SO thankful that God sent His Son for me and for you!!! Merry Christmas to all!!!




1 comment:
Either it just got really chilly in here or your post gave me goosebumps. I too try to do good and be good yet fail on a daily basis. I need to take the time to breathe and remember what this is all about. You're always good at bringing me back to that. Thanks friend!
Post a Comment