Friday, December 12, 2008

Meet My Turkey

I would like to introduce you to my turkey. For the past 2 days, I have been washing, brining, turning, brining some more, rinsing, rubbing and pretty much playing with this turkey. It was a monsterous 23 pound turkey that I wanted to cook for our Sunday School class party. I used the William Sonoma turkey brine and William Sonoma turkey rub. When I walked in my door today after it had been cooking for several hours I could not believe how good my house smelled. In fact, I called my friend Leslie and told her she had to come smell my turkey. After telling me that sounded funny, she came right over like a good friend. I practically pushed her head in my oven so she could see my beautiful feat! This turkey was the most beautiful, juciest turkey I have ever made! The white meat was as juicy as the dark meet. The skin was a golden, juicy brown. The rub was delicious. I love it when I spend this much time on something and it comes out just the way you want it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's one beautiful bird! After smelling that turkey I'm thinking you need to call Yankee Candles and let them know you have already developed their new holiday scent for next year!

@nnie said...

I'm totally impressed. I have never cooked any size bird... especially a 23 pounder. Way to go.