Thursday, December 25, 2008

Misc. Thoughts About Christmas

1) Hannah (10) came down this morning and saw all the loot Santa brought her. She turned around and looked at me and said, "wait a minute. All these things have tags on them." She looked like the lightbulb had come on and I could see her thoughts whirling in her mind. "Does Santa steal?" LOL...wasn't expecting that thought!!!
2) Soma- have you ever shopped there? This probably really makes me an official middle aged woman, but I love it! It is like Victoria's Secret for Moms and Grandmas! Everyone shopping for me did their part to help Soma's stock. I got 2 pairs of super soft, comfy pjs, a wonderful sweatsuit, some other items I won't mention here and I bought my mother-in-law a robe from Soma. You can shop online if you don't have a Soma near you. You will be hooked!!

3) The Pioneer Woman- I have been hooked on her blog all week. She is a darling "city girl" who fell in love with a "country guy" and lives on a ranch. Her website is awesome, but my favorite part is her own love story that she is recounting. It is called "From Black Heels to Tractor Wheels". You can read it at your own leisure, but trust me, it's addicting. I spent a couple of hours yesterday mesmerized and couldn't STOP reading.

4)The Rockettes- I took the girls (along with my Mom and sister) to see the Rockettes while we were in Tulsa. They were fabulous. This was my 3rd time to see them and it never gets old! My personal favorite is the Dance of the Toy Soldiers. Awesome!


5) 90 Minutes in Heaven- This is a true story by Don Piper. After I finished reading about the Pioneer Woman's Love Story, I moved on to a true story about a man who was in a car wreck and pronounced dead at the scene. He remained lifeless and pulseless for 90 minutes. He recalls his story of his 90 minutes in Heaven. It is also mesmerizing. I should finish tonight. I recommend it to everyone. It is a very easy read that will send goosebumps up and down your spine!

6) Marley and Me- I really can't wait to see it, but more than that, I hope Jen kicks Brad's rear at the Box office this weekend. Just wanted you to know!


Merry Christmas!!!

Amanda

No comments: