Sunday, August 24, 2008

Cousins and Crickets


Saturday night we went out with my cousins, Courtney and Jacque and their boyfriends to a great Sushi restaurant in downtown Houston. I am SO blessed to have family in Houston. It really helps the social life. I so appreciate them taking me under their wing and including me. We had a great time. The sushi was excellent and the company was even better. After dinner, we went back to David's townhouse. It is in a neat area of town and has a great view of the city from every angle.
On a completely different note, if you know me at all then you know this move has been hard for me. I can be going along having a great day and WHAM...I think of something silly, like a Quiktrip, and immediately feel sadness. There have been several things about this move that have been hard. Some of which I can't share in this blog, but it seems like nothing about this move has been easy for me. So, the next little diddy is simply posted for your amusement and laughing pleasure. We were visiting a church this morning (which shall remain nameless) and were invaded by crickets. YES, crickets. And, they only seemed to find my family. It was absolutely disgusting. They were falling from the ceiling. It started with one falling on EG and of course she was done. She sat in Daddy's lap the rest of the service. I could not concentrate b/c once they would fall they would scurry all around. So, being the prepared girl that I am, I covered my purse. My purse doesn't zip shut and I did not want one falling into my purse so I strategically spread out my church bulletin all on the inside of my purse. I could not sing, I could not listen and I definitely could not close my eyes to pray. Then, suddenly, out of nowhere PLOP. Oh, crud! I knew what happened, but really didn't want to look. Yep, a cricket fell right into the trap of my purse. A HUGE cricket. I would love to have screamed, but I was in church. Daddy was 5 people away so couldn't help me. I had to enlist the poor grandpa sitting behind me. "Um, excuse me sir, could you get the cricket out of my purse?" LOL!!! Seriously, it is a joke. When I told my Mom about it all she could do was laugh. Is God sending a plague of crickets on me? What are you trying to teach me with the move, the drivers license, the crickets, the school????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay ... I didn't have crickets at church but I have had lizards and a couple other types of bugs in my house. The neighbor told me they are immuned to the spray the seminary uses so I shouldn't call them. AAHHHH!! I guess I could send my lizards your way though - they eat crickets. Love ya! Tina B.

@nnie said...

Cute cousins and Icky Crickets!!