Today we visited Sugar Creek Baptist Church. It is a huge church here in town that has tons of programs and activities for the whole family. I was nervous for the kids. I gave them their choice of going to church with us or to Sunday School. They all picked Sunday School. On the way there it dawned on us we could park in the visitor parking lot! Now that's a perk to being a visitor. We were immediately greeted by a parking attendant who took us in to another greeter who helped us get the kids settled. The kids all went in hesitantly, but nonetheless, they went in. The church service was great. Afterwards, a lady that I had met on facebook through a mutual friend came and found us, introduced herself and even had a welcome to Sugar Land present! Wow! God is good! It was so nice to know someone and have someone looking out for us. We visited with the pastor afterwards who was extremely nice and just so happens to be a HUGE OU fan! Obviously, he is right with the Lord!!! The kids all enjoyed their Sunday School which was also a plus! We are looking forward to going back next week.
This evening we had Daniel's brother and his wife and sons, along with Daniel's parents over for swimming and dinner. The kids had a great time and I actually was able to get in the pool for the first time. Their boys are awfully cute and the girls love playing with them. Daniel made HUGE progress on the garage. We were able to get both cars in tonight....aren't you proud, DAD????
Oh, and I found the scale in the very last box...bummer!!!




3 comments:
Sounds AWESOME Amanda! Glad you and the family are getting settled in.
Tina B.
Yea Amanda, sounds like a great first experience! I am glad to hear you felt welcomed and connected. What a blessing!
I'll make sure Dad reads your blog today. He"ll be so proud!
Post a Comment