Saturday, August 2, 2008

Happy Tears and The Bucket List



Today was pick up day at camp. For some reason I had it in my mind that we were to pick up at 9:30, but when we got in the car and I looked at the paper it said pickup between 8:45 and 9:15. YIKES!!! We went as fast as we could, knowing we were probably stressing our daughter out by being late. We arrived at 9:20 (not too late) and the second I got out of the car I heard "MOMMY!" and Hannah came flying up to me. She threw her arms around me and held on tight and started crying. I said "what's wrong? Did you not have a good week?" and she said "They're happy tears. I'm just happy to see you!" My heart melted. After all of the moving tears I have shed the last month, it sure was refreshing to have some happy tears!!!! Oh, and in the car on the way home Hannah pulled her 9th tooth!

Although I have never seen the movie "The Bucket List", I understand the premise to be that the man is dying and the bucket list is everything he wants to accomplish before he dies. I may not be dying, but I have a bucket list of my own before leaving T-town. Sadly enough, my bucket list consists soley of places I want eat before we move. Yes, yes, I know Houston has much better restaurants, but they don't have a Los Cabos, Bistro, Pepper's or Teds. Daniel probably thinks I have forgotten how to cook and I'm worried I am going to pop a button off my shorts. All this eating out is killing my waistline!!!! There will be time for eating healthy in a couple of weeks!!!

1 comment:

Penny said...

Those places don't even compare to the food you are about to encounter...you will never eat Mexican in Tulsa, OK again...that's for sure!!