Monday, October 6, 2008

Boomer Sooner!

Friday after school we headed to Waco, TX to meet my parents for the OU game Saturday. It dawned on us that this was EG's first OU football game. The kids were all pretty excited. Of course, we could check into the local Holiday Inn and they would be excited. Anyway, we stayed at the Hilton Waco, which is where the OU team has stayed in years past, so we were hoping they would stay there again. It was the team hotel alright, for Baylor! That's ok. They were all very nice.

It was a beautiful day, with not a cloud in the sky. Unfortunately, in a football stadium, that can be HOT! And, hot it was. The fun for the kids lasted about as long as their snow cones. Ellie Grace played it cool for her first game. Daniel asked her what she thought about it and she said, "Daddy, I have been to Sam's (her 9 year old cousin) games before. I know what these are all about!" LOL...Sam's games are just on a little smaller scale than OU games.


I tried to get a cute family pic for a Christmas card, but it didn't work. We tried and tried, but getting 5 people to smile and look decent at the same time is an arduous task. By the way, Ellie Grace has been playing OU cheerleader ever since. I think she enjoyed her first game!!! Next stop, Dallas, TX for the big Red River Rivalry!!!

No comments: