Monday, October 27, 2008

It's A Small World

Last week at church, we met this couple that had just moved from Tulsa earlier in the summer. As I was looking at their nametags, her last name seemed really familiar. It then dawned on me. I said, "Did you by any chance teach at Metro and have my nephew Jack in your class?" She said, "Yes, oh my goodness!" Can you believe that? What are the odds that we both moved during the summer to the same city? We went to lunch that day eager to exchange stories about our moves and find out how the other was adjusting. Our kids are close in age and we had a good visit. Come to find out, they are also huge OU fans. So, Saturday, we had them over to watch the OU football game. We really enjoyed their company and had lots of fun and we are just so thrilled to have another family with whom we can watch the games!

By the way, the song playing right now is my new favorite song. They sang it at church yesterday. A lady shared that she sang this song over her children as they slept through the hurricane. The lyrics are perfectly beautiful for such a situation and I wish I had known this song back then!!

No comments: