Last night was our annual pumpkin carving. The best part about it for me is that all of our homework, baths and reading had to be done in order for it to start. No arguments from anyone. The girls each took turns doing the carving and pulling out the seeds and goo. Abby mostly enjoyed playing in the goo. Mom washed the seeds and cooked pumpkin seeds. I am a little embarrassed to tell you that we have never cooked pumpkin seeds before. The girls actually liked them. We held a few seeds out that they plan to plant in our flower bed in hopes to grow some of their own pumpkins (I'll keep you posted on that one!)
On a side note, as we were discussing who made the pumpkins (God did, of course!), it dawned on me how awesome it is that God gave us the pumpkin. What fun it makes for Halloween. We couldn't make a jack-o-lantern out of an orange or apple. What a fun tradition every year to stick your hand inside a gooey pumpkin and toast pumpkin seeds. As I told my kids, "Thank you God for pumpkins!"
No comments:
Post a Comment