When we found out we were moving to the Houston area, we had several people comment on how much we would LOVE the grocery stores. I thought this was kind of a strange thing to comment on. There are plenty of other things to love about this city and grocery stores were at the top of the list? I mean, for starters The Galleria, the broadway shows, the museums, and I could go on and on. I was excited about being able to purchase wine in a grocery store, but didn't really understand what the fuss was all about. Even my Mom, who used to live in Texas, said, "Oh, you are going to have fabulous grocery stores."
Well, my small town friends, the grocery stores do not disappoint. They are amazing compared to what I was used to. The produce is amazing. They have the hard to find things that Wal-Mart never had, but Reasors would get on a special order. They are just there on their shelves waiting for me. They have LIVE MUSIC on the weekends. Yesterday, they had a James Taylor knock off, complete with guitar just for my shopping pleasure. Oh, and Whole Foods....WOW! It was like an organic shopping mall. I don't even know how to describe it.
Oh, the simple things in life...




5 comments:
This is so funny to me. In Raleigh it is the complete opposite with the exception of Whole Foods. It is on the other side of town from me. My long for Tulsa grocery Stores and gas stations. We do have a fabulous Farmer's Market that is open everyday and the produce last forever. You can't have it all.
Oooh...grocery stores in a big city are nice! I really miss Trader Joe's and a big Whole Foods from our Chicago days. But, I do like the convenience stores better here -- definitely had some QT withdrawals when we lived there...
By the way, Jeremy is (unofficially) taking the Amanda Carona challenge. Down 13 lbs since Jan 1.
Organic or Orgasmic?
Ok, Leslie, you scared me. I thought I had written orgasmic. No, it was merely an organic experience!
Manders,
I completely have grocery store ENVY!!!!!!! One of the worst parts about living in a tiny town is the store, I even go to OKC to get meat, forget about fresh herbs and vegetables.... also absolutely no seafood here.... Did I mention that when I travel I go to the grocery store just to see what I am missing........ Happy Shopping!!!!!!!
Karen Davidson Smith
Post a Comment