I admit it. I am high maintenance. I am not sure when it happened, but it did. When did I require manis and pedis and eyebrow waxings? Once you start these things it is very hard to stop. So it goes with highlighting your hair. And, boy, was I overdue for a highlight. I have been going to my hairdresser in Tulsa since I was a teenager. I even went twice this fall when we were back in Tulsa. I had not yet HAD to find a hairdresser in Sugar Land.
One day, I am at the mall with my friend and I find myself making fun of the hair salon in the mall. I mean, who would want to go to the mall to get their hair done. Evidently, my friend used to. Oops. And then, I start asking for referrals for a good hairdresser. I get not one, not two, but THREE recommendations for the salon at the mall. So, I decide to brave the mall salon today.
As I am sitting waiting for my hairdresser, I make a mental note to never come back. There are stylists with nose rings and tatoos and the music is WAY too loud. This is not my kind of place. But, alas, I REALLY need my roots done and I need them done NOW. So, I press on.
My hair looks GREAT! I am amazed. And, it wasn't cheap either. I thought it would be less than I was paying in Tulsa, but it was substantially more. Crazy!!!! New dilemna...do I go back? My hair looks good, but it was not a relaxing environment at all. To highlight or not to highlight...that is the question!!!




3 comments:
The answer to that question is always the same: to highlight! (Just not too much!)
I used to highlight & then I quit when I was trying to get pregnant. Now I'm out of the habit and I'm kinda glad I don't have to worry about it. Sure, it looked great, but I'm happy to be "just brown" these days, especially since it's just usually me and the boys hanging out at the casa...
I've went to a mall salon when I first moved to Texas as well. A little scary, but good cut. Then she left the salon so I moved on as well!
I totally understand the dilemma... but with a friend's help I came to the conclusion that if I am going to spend 2-3 hours someplace, it absolutely must be a place I feel comfortable in and can be happy! I was dreading going to get my hair cut and my friend was like, "NO! You don't dread it. You change it." So, I did and I am soooo happy that I found a place that makes me feel good and I can relax. Good luck. I know it can be hard to find a place when you are new in town.
Post a Comment