Friday, January 2, 2009

Let The Games Begin

Well, my diet started today, and as of 7:33 a.m. I haven't cheated! That's because I'm still in my pjs in my bed. But, I am ready. I am dreading it, but I'm so tired of being full and swollen that I'm ready to go! Daniel is gearing up to take my picture. He is even going to let me take his picture. Of course, his goal is to add weight! How disgusting is that? Anyway, I'm starting Weight Watchers online. Are you geared up? Would love to hear any tips or funny stories. I can use all the help I can get!

Have a great day!

8 comments:

@nnie said...

ok Amanda, I'm in. I read your other post a couple days ago and told my sister about it. I need the motivation, because although I'm doing better, this last week has taken a toll on me! I'm going to RESET... and take new before pics. Let's rumble!

Fran Carona Ph.D. said...

Braved the scales. OMG!!! Did 30 minutes of cardio and ate a 2 point brreakfast. How long before i'm a size 2?

Amanda Herrold said...

Well, Juju, I can't even bring myself to face the scale yet. The picture is bad enough! Good for you!

Fran Carona Ph.D. said...

Made it through day one without eating my arm off. Went 3 points over. Now, to navigate a weekend! Will be a victory if I get on the treadmill.

Anonymous said...

I think you lose five pounds immediately just for signing up for WW!

Anonymous said...

If I sign up under both my email and Philip's I'll lose 10!

Nicole Callihan said...

Welcome to the world of points and more points! I'm lucky right now because I get ten extra for breastfeeding, but here's the best advice I ever received re: WW.

1) Never eat cheese at a restaurant. There are so many low point cheeses you can eat in the privacy of your own home, and it's just not worth it to do it out.

2) No one actually cares what you eat.

3) Start every day with a glass of water followed by a glass of water with a tablespoon of Benefiber & a packet of vitamin C.

I lost 25 lbs. with WW four years ago after I quit smoking, and I'm such an advocate. Back on the wagon now after having Eva at the end of November.

So, I'm with you: your cyberspace diet buddy! As for that skinny ole husband of yours, tell him hello. Happy new year to all of you! So glad to be in touch.

Kathleen said...

OK Mandy! I am in....went to WW meeting today. This will be fun. I have marked all the food in my cabinets with points! I purchased all the tools to be successful! This is a great idea this will help me keep focused knowing other people doing it with me.

Thanks!