Sunday, January 11, 2009

Smitten

Our kids have been begging for a puppy for about a year. The problem with this is that we already have 2 adorable labs. But, they are outside dogs and the girls really want a lap dog and a puppy to sleep with them, etc. They even put it on their letter to Santa on Christmas Eve. We have been telling them that when one of our dogs goes on to doggie heaven we will get an inside dog. They even have it all planned out. They want a white puppy and they want to name her Sugar since we moved to Sugar Land.

Friday morning I wake up to an e-mail that has been forwarded a couple of times with pictures of adorable Shih Tzu puppies that are looking for a good home and are a bargain price. I am toast. I am absolutely smitten. I can't explain it. I have received these e-mails before and have no problem deleting them, but this felt different. I HAD to get my hands on one of those puppies.

I called the friend who sent me the e-mail and we litterally spent ALL day trying to track down the puppy Mama. She did not include any contact info in her e-mail. FINALLY, at 5:00 they call me and tell me they have 2 females left. I jump in the car with squealing kids and go to look at the puppies. It was really hard to just pick one, but good grief, I can't have 4 dogs!!!

This puppy is soooooo cute. Although not solid white, we still went with the name Sugar because she is sooo stinkin' sweet! And, even though Daniel is trying very hard not to like her, it is becoming increasingly more difficult. She is in LOVE with him.

I almost titled this post "Sucker"!

2 comments:

Sweetie said...

You will love having a Shih Tzu! They are awesome dogs. We had one for 15 years. She was my baby (until I had Logan, that is). We now have a Shih Tzu/Maltese mix that friends gave me after my dad died. She is a teddy bear. Enjoy her, especially when she is still little.

Congrats on you WW success!

Heather

@nnie said...

wow, i cannot show ellie this post. she has wanted a dog for 4 years and I cannot bring myself to do it. (we have a grumpy yorkie who is 12 and would not like a new friend). I feel so guilty not getting her one.... maybe when Cosmo goes to dog heaven...

Sugar is ADORABLE!