I had all these great plans to watch history in the making and then blog about it. Well, my cable went out a few minutes before it started and didn't come back on until this afternoon. I have to say, I am a bit bummed. I am proud that the kids were able to watch it at school. Even my youngest watched in her kindergarten class. Here are some VERY random thoughts about it:
-Michelle Obama's dress was just ok...I was expecting more out of her.
-I feel SO sad for Ted Kennedy. It's bad enough to have a seizure, but then to have it on a national stage at lunch. And poor Sen. Byrd. It just kept getting worse (so I hear!)
-The crowd booing Bush...that's just WRONG!
-Bush handled the transition so beautifully and respectfully. What a way to go out!
-Bush looked 10 years younger when he landed in Midland. No matter what you think of his politics, he is a genuinely nice guy and I wish him the best!
-I wonder how long the honeymoon will last for Obama???
Would love to hear your thoughts on it...no matter how random they may be. Did I miss anything good? Did you pick up on anything random? How was the speech? How did the little girls look? Thoughts?




1 comment:
Whether we think he is the best man for the job or not, he is in God's hands and we are to pray for him.
Tina Brodie
Post a Comment