
Why do old men get grumpy? And why are they following me around? And why are they getting grumpy with me?
Case in point: a couple of weeks ago I was filling up my car with gas, minding my own business when the grumpy old man next to me said, "you know, you are putting us all at risk when you don't turn your motor off while filling up." I sarcastically, yet politely dangled my keys in front of me and said, "my car is not running." The grumpy old man says, "oh, my mistake."
Today, after taking my black lab on a 5 mile jog when we were at the pond by my house that was completely deserted, I let her off her leash so she could jump in the water to cool off. It was 80 degrees and muggy outside and she was hot. A grumpy old man comes out of his house, holding his coffee cup to the back of his wrought iron fence and says, "did your dog escape the leash?" I kindly reply, "oh, I let her off so she could cool off in the water." Grumpy old man says, "you know, we have a leash law." PMS girl replies, "yes, and she has been on her leash for 5 miles. I just let her off so she could get in the water and cool off." Grumpy old man says, "what about regard for other people?" PMS girl doesn't turn around or reply, but wants to shout at the top of her lungs, "THERE ARE NO OTHER PEOPLE!!!!!"
Whew. PMS girl feels much better now. Grumpy old men need to find a hobby so they will leave me alone!!!




1 comment:
Just knowing you have 80 degree weather while we're sitting here in the icy snow makes me a grumpy old man!
Post a Comment