If you read to the left of this post the section on Why I Blog, I declare that I am going to blog about the good, the bad, and the ugly. Well, today is the ugly. I can't believe I am going to blog about this, but it will provide you with a good chuckle for the day and that will make it worth it.
First of all, let me tell you that I am a germ freak!!! I am constantly checking my kids for lice and pinworms and any other yucky creatures that kids pass around. Last night, while one of my daughters was eating dinner, I was picking through her hair (as I do about once a week) and saw something. Uh oh!!!!! I called my bff who has been down this road and she immediately came over and confirmed my diagnosis. I told her she was performing the modern day washing of the feet, by looking through my hair and helping me wash my child's hair. The good news is, my neurosis paid off. I caught it extremely early. We all went to the nurse's office this morning at school and got the all clear! WHEW.
For all of you who are is freaked out by lice as I am, a couple of notes. First of all, it's not NEARLY as gross as I thought it would be. The worst part about the whole thing is doing all the laundry. I am probably on my tenth load. Washing all of our sheets, blankets, towels, jackets and so on. Secondly, you find out who your good friends are. I had to make the call of shame and call a friend because our daughters had played together. She was so sweet. Her response, "well, they say they like clean hair, so you must be keeping your daughter's hair too clean!" So sweet. My other friend, looking through my hair...that's a friend. Thirdly, this took over my night and I never ate dinner...woohoo!!! That helped me stay on point today.
On a totally different note, you must go to this website. This is my high school friend who has joined the challenge and even challenged her readers. Here's looking forward to a weight loss this week!




2 comments:
I can't believe you actually found something!!! I mean....it's like random drug testing, except it's random lice testing and it paid off!!! WOW! I am shocked and think I should institute this into my home.
I'm glad you got those nasty things out of that sweet girls hair!
Post a Comment