Ham:
Pulled Pork
Jello Pretzel Salad
Corn and Rice Casserole
Italian Cheese Bread- oh man, forgot to take a picture!
Paula Dean's Green Beans (we had to substitute the salt pork b/c they were out at the store and it was not as good. It needs the salt pork!)
My friends brought black-eyed peas and cole slaw and yummy desserts. I'd say that made for a pretty good last hurrah! You now understand why I must start Weight Watchers! I am feeling a little bit like Kirstie Alley. Remember when she gained all of her weight? She said that she really started enjoying cooking for her family and she would cook fatty things that everyone loved. That's kinda what I have been doing. It's much more fun to cook fatty things than healthy things!
The kids all did a polar plunge for a year of good luck. I was hoping the men would plunge, but they were too chicken. Here are all the kids lined up ready to jump in.
1, 2, 3 oh man, only one brave soul jumped
and another
and some more
The water was a chilly 58 degrees. Ellie Grace had the most priceless look on her face. Her lips were blue from her snowcone she had been eating. That combined with the look of shock and I thought Daniel was going in for her. She was tough and made it across the pool and was a really good sport about it. It was a great day, but we were glad to have a day of no activity today!




1 comment:
It was a great day. I loved ringing int he New Year with my new friend! Thanks so much for including us.
Post a Comment